November 11-12, 2020
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
March 30: Given the coronavirus crisis, we are coordinating with the EMNLP program chairs, and will adopt their decision as to the format of the conference (virtual, physical, or hybrid). Regardless of the format of the conference, we are sticking to our original paper submission deadline (June 5).
February 27: We are soliciting expressions of interest from individuals who would like to serve as Area Chairs for the conference. Area Chairs will help recruit reviewers, coordinate the reviewing process, and create a diverse and high-quality program consistent with the scope of the conference (see the Call for Papers below). If you are willing to be considered, please fill out this form by March 11, 2020.
- Emmanuel Dupoux (Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales and Facebook AI Research, Paris, France)
- Kristina Toutanova (Google, Seattle, USA)
Call for Papers
SIGNLL invites submissions to the 24th Conference on Computational Natural Language Learning (CoNLL 2020). The main focus of CoNLL is on theoretically, cognitively and scientifically motivated approaches to computational linguistics, rather than on work driven by particular engineering applications. Such approaches include:
- Computational learning theory and other techniques for theoretical analysis of machine learning models for NLP
- Models of first, second and bilingual language acquisition by humans
- Models of language evolution and change
- Computational simulation and analysis of findings from psycholinguistic and neurolinguistic experiments
- Analysis and interpretation of NLP models, using methods inspired by cognitive science or linguistics or other methods
- Data resources, techniques and tools for scientifically-oriented research in computational linguistics
- Connections between computational models and formal languages or linguistic theories
- Linguistic typology and other multilingual work
We welcome work targeting any aspect of language, including:
- Speech and phonology
- Lexical and compositional semantics
- Syntactic parsing
- Discourse and coreference
- Dialogue and interactive language use
- Multimodal and grounded language learning
Submitted papers must be anonymous and adhere to the CoNLL format by using our LaTeX style files or Word template (available soon). Submitted papers may consist of up to 8 pages of content plus unlimited space for references. Authors of accepted papers will have an additional page to address reviewers’ comments in the camera-ready version (9 pages of content in total, excluding references). Anonymized supplementary materials are allowed as an optional PDF appendix, in line with EMNLP 2020 guidelines. Submission is electronic, using the Softconf START conference management system.
Multiple submission policy
CoNLL 2020 will not accept papers that have been or will be submitted to other meetings or publications. Papers submitted elsewhere as well as papers that overlap significantly in content or results with papers that will be (or have been) published elsewhere will be rejected. Authors submitting more than one paper to CoNLL 2020 must ensure that the submissions do not overlap significantly (>25%) with each other in content or results.
- Anonymity period starts: May 5, 2020
- Paper submission deadline: June 5, 2020
- Notification of acceptance and end of anonymity period: August 28, 2020
- Camera-ready due: tbd
- Conference: November 11-12, 2020 (right after EMNLP 2020)
All deadlines are at 11:59pm UTC-12h ("anywhere on earth").
Best Paper Award
CoNLL 2020 Chairs
- Raquel Fernández (University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- Tal Linzen (Johns Hopkins University, USA)
Our email is email@example.com.
Presentation and Registration Requirements
In order to attend or present at CoNLL 2020, you must register through EMNLP 2020, selecting one of the options allowing your participation to workshops. All accepted papers must be presented at the conference in order to appear in the proceedings. At least one author of each accepted paper must register for CoNLL 2020. Accepted papers will be presented orally or as a poster (at the discretion of the program chairs based on the nature rather than the quality of the work). All papers will be published in the conference proceedings. There will be no distinction in the proceedings between papers presented orally or as posters.
If you require an invitation letter for your visa application, please send an email to the EMNLP 2020 organization with the following information:
- Conference name
- Your full name as it appears in your passport
- Your work address
- The title(s) of any accepted papers
- The email address of the embassy that will handle your request
CoNLL 2020 Sponsors