November 3-4, 2019
Best Paper Award
As in recent CoNLL conferences, a Best Paper Award will be given to the authors of the highest quality paper. The most important aspects in judging the quality of a paper will be: originality, innovativeness, relevance, and impact of the presented research.
Best Paper Award for Research Inspired by Human Language Learning and Processing
We will also continue giving a special award for the Best Paper Award for Research Inspired by Human Language Learning and Processing.
Keynote abstracts are now available here.
November 3, 2019: Ecological Language: a multimodal approach to the study of human language learning and processing
Gabriella Vigliocco (Professor of the Psychology of Language)
Department of Experimental Psychology, University College London
November 4, 2019: Multi-step reasoning for answering complex questions
Christopher Manning (Thomas M. Siebel Professor in Machine Learning)
Department of Linguists and Computer Science, Stanford University
May 1st, 2019
May 31, 2019
Notification of acceptance:
August 28, 2019
September 18, 2019
Conference: November 3-4, 2019 (before EMNLP 2019)
Note: All deadlines are calculated at 11:59pm UTC-12h.
In order to attend or present at CoNLL 2019, you must register through EMNLP 2019, selecting one of the options allowing your participation to workshops.
Instructions for Presenters
Please be sure to arrive at your session during the preceding break (at least 15 minutes before the start of the session) and introduce yourself to the session chair and to the volunteers who will help to set you up.
Make sure to briefly check that fonts, pictures, audio, and/or video display as you intend them to. In order to speed transitions, please set up your presentation file (or connect your computer) while the previous speaker is finishing answering questions, so that your presentation is ready to start on time.
Poster size: Posters should use A0 paper (in portrait orientation), as poster boards will be 1m width x 2.5m height (portrait).
Please arrive during the preceding break (at least 20 minutes before the start of the session) to introduce yourself to the session chairs, find your poster's location and mount your poster. Please remove your poster right after the poster session ends.
CoNLL 2019 Chairs
- Mohit Bansal (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA)
- Aline Villavicencio (University of Sheffield, UK and Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil)
- Jason Baldridge, Google AI Language, USA
- Laurent Besacier, Université Grenoble Alpes, France
- Chris Biemann, Universität Hamburg, Germany
- Asli Celikyilmaz, Microsoft Research, USA
- Snigdha Chaturvedi, UCSC, USA
- Grzegorz Chrupala, Tilburg University, The Netherlands
- Mathieu Constant, Université de Lorraine, France
- Ryan Cotterell, University of Cambridge, UK
- Dipanjan Das, Google AI Language, USA
- Greg Durrett, UT Austin, USA
- Manaal Faruqui, Google Assistant, USA
- Michel Galley, Microsoft Research, USA
- Manuel Montes y Gómez, INAOE, Mexico
- Dilek Hakkani-Tur, Amazon Alexa AI, USA
- Mohit Iyyer, UMass Amherst, USA
- Yangfeng Ji, University of Virginia, USA
- Preethi Jyothi, IIT Bombay, India
- Douwe Kiela, Facebook Research, USA
- Graham Neubig, CMU, USA
- Horacio Saggion, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain
- Avirup Sil, IBM Research AI, USA
- Amanda Stent, Bloomberg Research, USA
- Mark Stevenson, University of Sheffield, UK
- Andreas Vlachos, University of Cambridge, UK
- Sebastian Ruder, National University of Ireland and Aylien Ltd. Dublin, Ireland
- Miikka Silfverberg, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Rodrigo Wilkens, University of Strasbourg, France
- Darryl Hannan, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Reyhaneh Hashempour, University of Essex, UK
- Ramakanth Pasunuru, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
If you require an invitation letter for your visa application, please send an email to the EMNLP 2019 organization with the following information:
- Conference name
- Your full name as it appears in your passport
- Your work address
- The name(s) of any accepted papers
- The email address of the embassy that will handle your request
The conference will take place immediately before EMNLP 2019 (November 3 – November 7, 2019). CoNLL 2019 website will continue to be updated with information.
CoNLL 2019 Sponsors